COVID-19 Office Policies
We hope all is well with you and your family during these challenging times.
We are now scheduling dental appointments, and taking extensive precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our patients. We are fully compliant with infection control procedures set by the Alberta Dental Association, as well as health regulations set by Alberta Health Care.
We have also changed our appointment procedures and taken other safety measures to provide a safe and comfortable dental appointment, which we have explained below.
Before Your Appointment
- Patients will be pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
- Intake screening forms will be provided to review and bring to appointments.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- To maintain social distancing, please call or text when you arrive and wait in your vehicle, we will come out to see you.
- Patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons before entering the practice.
- Temperature checks will be taken before entering the practice.
- Please call or text the office when both pages of the COVID screening paperwork are complete and we will let you know if your treatment room is ready for you.
- Patients showing signs or symptoms of illness, or exposure to COVID-19, will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entrance that all patients will be asked to use.
- Only scheduled patients will be allowed into the office, other than patients requiring care from one guardian or caregiver.
- The number of patients at any given time in the practice will be limited and appointments will be staggered.
- The waiting area will be restricted to two chairs to allow space for social distancing.
- We ask that patients continue to practice social distancing measures in the office at all times.
- There will be no physical contact with patients except for treatment.
- You will find hand sanitizer at our entrance and throughout the office.
- Magazines, children's toys, and other items that are difficult to disinfect will be removed from the waiting area.
- We will suspend providing coffee and refreshments.
- Common areas, including the restrooms, will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
Your Treatment and Care
- All staff will be screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
- Staff temperatures will be taken daily upon entering the practice and mid-shift.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided for all clinical and administrative staff, including N95 (or equivalent) masks, face shields, gowns, gloves, and other protective equipment as required.
- Treatment rooms will be completely sterilized before patients are seated - extra time will be scheduled in-between appointments to allow for the thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
- All operatories are equipped with high and low volume evacuation to assist with the controlling of aerosols.
- During treatment, our team will strictly follow guidelines set by the Alberta Dental Association.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Pens will be provided for completing the required forms and sanitized after each transaction.
- Credit card/payment processing terminals will be wiped and sanitized after each use.
The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority, and our entire dental team is committed to ensuring your safety and comfort in receiving dental care from our office.
We are looking forward to reconnecting with our patients and providing for your dental needs.
If you have any questions or concerns related to your care after reviewing this information, please contact us directly at 780-458-2333.
The Team at Bright Dental